3.24.2008

Arts and Crafts and Showers, Oh My!

Getting closer to becoming parents -- I'm 32 weeks pregnant!

Thanks Kelly for reminding me that it's been WAY TOO LONG since I posted a blog! A lot has changed since Christmas (my last post).....especially my belly! This baby boy sure is growing and with his due date quickly approaching -- only 40 more days till May 3rd -- Kyle and I have been busy getting things ready for his arrival! His nursery is nearing completion. I am quite proud of my canvas artwork that I painted to complement his bedding.


I'm still working on the wooden letters that spell out his name, "W Y A T T", to hang on the wall above his changing table. Once the room is completed, I will try to remember to post photos. I must say, it has been fun making a few "custom" things for him and in the process, I've discovered that I am actually craftier than I ever thought I was!

With his arrival right around the corner, the baby showers have begun. I've really enjoyed the time with friends and family that I haven't seen in awhile. Here are photos from my first shower, March 9th.

Hostesses with the Mostesses:
My sister, Heather & my best friend, Melissa

Nursing School Friends: Erin, Melissa, & Rachael

The Johnson Family -- I babysat for these precious girls and now they're all grown up!

My dear friend, Joyce, from work.

My best friends & partners-in-crime, Rachel & Suzanne

My cousin, Jackie

College room-mates: Melissa & Monica


Good friends, Mary & Lewis Lea (they're expecting a baby boy June 3rd!)


Kyle's mom, Ginger (aka "Gigi") & Aunt Laura

My mom (aka "Mimi") and sisters, Heather & Beka



1 comment:

Reed and Kelli said...

yea!!! a new blog post...you have SO much to share and I dont get to see you as much as I would like to- so this blogging thing is SO good!

Wow- what a FANTASTIC job you did on those canvases. Wyatt's room looks too cute....cant wait to se how the letters turn out!

You and Heather are the cutest preggie sisters ever. It was SO great to see you at the shower last weekend. You looked beautiful and we are so happy for you and Kyle.

Keep up with the blog....I cant wait to see sweet baby Wyatts face on here! Have a great week my friend.....