12.28.2007

Christmas Time Was Here...


My handsome hubby & me

Kyle with his mom, Ginger

Kyle w/ Aunt Laura & Uncle Hugh

Well another Christmas has come and gone.....way too quickly! I had to work Christmas Eve, so I had to sleep the first half of Christmas Day. But that evening, Kyle and I (along with our doggies) went to Kyle's mom's house and had our Christmas celebration there. Kyle's Uncle Hugh & Aunt Laura were also there to enjoy the festivities. Once again, Chef Ginger's home-cooked gourmet meal was delicious and we all fell into a food coma before 7pm!

Chloe & Sophie enjoying their new doggy bed

We then celebrated Christmas with my family last night (the 27th). Once again, another wonderful home-cooked meal and too much dessert but hey, that's what the holiday's are all about, right??? Beka & Ben were not able to be there this year.....apparently when it comes to Christmas in Nashville vs. Christmas in Paris --- FRANCE always beats Tennessee, go figure!!


Picture Beka sent us from her Blackberry phone

But we were able to talk to them on the phone while we were all together, so that at least made us feel like they were a part of our Christmas get-together, even if for just a brief time. Heather and Robert shared some very exciting news with us last night: they just found out they're going to have another GIRL (due only 3 weeks after our little boy is due).



Kyle, Robert, Heather (18 weeks pregnant), Ellie, & Me (21 weeks pregnant)

I'm not sure if Ellie realizes how sweet of a deal she has right now, being the only grandchild and center of everyone's attention.....but next Christmas there will be 2 new babies at the Christmas celebration! However, I do know that she's going to be a greatest older sister/older cousin to the new additions in the family:)


Isn't she the sweetes thing? She LOVES her Auntie!!

The best part of the whole night at mom & dad's house was that we stayed up late, slept over, and woke up this morning to an amazing breakfast! Could life be any better?!?!


Dad with 2/3 of his son-in-laws

All in all, I feel like Christmas snuck up on me again this year. I mean, can it really be the end of 2007 already?!?! It just doesn't seem possible! But then again, it has been a great year and what a wonderful way to end 2007 than by spending it surrounded by the ones you love the most.

2 comments:

Tom Albin said...

April,

What a great site. You are a terrific communicator and the pictures are great too.

Reed and Kelli said...

Hey girl!!!

YEA...a new blogger friend! Heather showed me your blog last week while she was doing my hair...I love that you're on here now...and you must keep us posted on your sweet baby :)

Tell Kyle "hi" and we hope to see you both soon....

xoxo
kelli